Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Trainspotting - trains + emos = emospotting


Emospotting is probably my favorite pastime next to ordering things at fast food restaurants that aren't on the menu. What's not to love about traversing through your local mall looking for emos? But emospotting isn't always delegated to the conformist hangouts like the mall or Starbucks, but the internet. Yes, can be found everywhere, and since there's nothing exciting about Wednesdays (besides ANTM and South Park), emospotting we shall go.

First of all, the Wiki site on Emos:
May I first just say that I love that Wikipedia classifies emos as slang in the actual web address. Hot. So we all know that emos wear the skinny jeans and the black and the bangs.. blah, but we didn't know that emos have been around since (according to wiki) 1985!? Dude, how long can depressed kids last? Plus I thought they were called goths back then. I digress. Wait, no i dont! Emos in the 80s?

Emo Corner
What a mecca of emoness! There's even tabs on the side which direct the unexperienced emo, or curious conformist to emo topics such as:
What is Emo?, Emo Boys Kissing, Emo haircuts, MySpace Layouts, and More Emo Stuff.
With all of these topics to choose from, I don't know how I could not spend 80 hours looking at all the vids on how to be depressed. They're pretty ferocious. Oh, and don't you just love that when emo corner pops up in a new tab, theres a little emo kid icon on it?! I know I do.

Emobucket
: It's like a big bucket of Emo (their words, not mine)
It is photobucket for emo kids. If you have time to waste, go onto this website and just start clicking. The pictures are hilarious, especially because they ALL HAVE THE SAME ANGLE, but not only that, the comments at the bottom of the pictures are probably what makes my day brighter. These kids are actually seriously commenting on pictures of other emo kids. wow, just wow. My favorite section would have to be the boys hairstyles. Just, check it out.

And Last, but certainly not least: Emo Google
Yeah, they have it. It even has ads like Google at the bottom, except that its for emo haircuts, emo t-shirts and other emo goodies. I use this instead of regular google because I feel so incredibly fierce. Not kidding, when I open my google page and its all dark and depressing, it brings a smile to my face.

So, until next time, emo-on good people, emo-on.

Oh, and if you want a major laugh, google "emo riots in Mexico" in your incredibly depressing, non-conformist browser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahhaah
wow. this just made studying for the ACT oh so much brighter
<3t